Planimate is a discrete event simulation software that is used to model and analyze complex systems. The software has been developed in Australia since 1986 by InterDynamics Pty Ltd, and is widely used in industries such as manufacturing, logistics, transportation, and supply chain management.
Many users consider Planimate to be a powerful and flexible tool for simulating complex systems. One of the key strengths of Planimate is its ability to model systems with a high degree of detail and accuracy, allowing users to analyze and optimize system performance. The software also has a user-friendly interface that allows users to easily create and modify models.
Planimate also has a lot of features that can be used to create detailed, accurate and realistic simulation models, such as:
- It can handle large number of interacting agents and objects
- It can handle multiple levels of detail and abstraction
- It has powerful animation and visualization capabilities
- It supports a wide range of modeling and optimization techniques
- It has a powerful scripting language that allows users to customize the software and add new features
In general, Planimate is considered to be a great choice for discrete event simulation, especially for modeling and analyzing complex systems with a high degree of detail and accuracy. However, as with any simulation software, the suitability of Planimate for a particular application will depend on the specific requirements of the project and the user’s level of expertise with the software.